Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Resting up

This past weekend was the FLC home races. A TTT, Crit and RR were in order. I was looking forward to racing because the past two weekends were canceled. I didn't know what to expect what my legs would do with no racing in the legs for a while.
We woke up Saturday morning bright and early for the TTT. It was not bad out when I went to breakfast but once we got to breakfast it started raining pretty good. then followed by some big snow flakes. they ended up canceling the TTT a little bit later. So just sat around until the crit.

It looked like it was clearing up. The roads started drying up. But once we lined up it started raining again. About half way through the race it was sleeting and it hurt the face. Didn't really have a good race, ended up in the pack but was hoping for better.Then Sunday was the RR with a steep mile climb or so in each lap. we did 9 laps at 6 miles a lap. I was feeling ok until we hit the climb, every lap i struggled to hang on and eventually popped. still finished but nothing great. Just had a bad weekend. They can't all be good.
I am about ready to go to the local Tuesday night ride/race at six. I am just going to sit in today and see how the legs feel. i think i am getting tired/sick so I am just going to ride. This weekend we are headed to Colorado springs for some racing. Air force is having a TTT, Crit, and RR. I hear the crit is in a parking lot. LAME. I think i will be going there working for Adam. Just hope my legs start to come around. Got the Gila and collegiate nats coming up within a month.
Picking up my new frame this weekend. hope i can build it up next week and have it ready to go by Utah.

No comments: