Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Survived

I survived this weekend of mountain bike racing. It was our home races this past weekend the RMCCC conference finals. Saturday was a technical short track. I guesses if you want a front row start you need to get to the start at least 15 min before the race starts. I didn't get that memo so I started in the last row. 30 sec into the race it shoots into a single track and I was the last guy into it, perfect. I was waiting to get lapped the whole race but didn't happen. I was passing a lot of guys through out the race. On the last lap i bobbled a little and two guys passed me, but o well I didn't fall so that's good.


Short track

The Sunday was the cross country race, i was actually looking forward to this race. I got very familiar with the course so I felt confident I would do well. The skies were black all morning threatening to down poor. We started in dry conditions, then about half way through the first lap you felt some rain drops, then it just stated pissing from the skies. So on our second lap it was a mud fest slip and slide. so pretty much everyone gave up and was walking a lot a trying to stay up right. When the dirt gets wet out there it turns to concrete. So I was hoping to would just cut the race short. On the last switch backs before the finish i decided to do a superman over the bars.Ouch was not expecting that but got up rolled to the finish and i was done. the called the race 2 laps in out of 4. I was happy but i wish it was dry the whole race so we could of done it all. O well I didn't get too hurt so that's always good.


Me right after I did my superman

Less then a week we are off to collegiate MTB nats in Truckee California. Should be a fun time, my goal is not to hurt myself, just have a fun time. Just cant wait for IN N OUT!
This weekend I am hoping to make my way down to Denver to do some Cross racing. Just hope the passes stay clear but it doesn't look that way so I will have to wait and see.

No comments: