Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time Change!

I am stoked that the clocks moved an hour ahead today, that means an extra hour of sunlight that I have the opportunity to ride in so I don't have to rush home from class to just get a short ride in. Also my base riding is coming to a close end. I will be shorting the hours on the bike and getting some intensity in since the collegiate scene is pretty much
Have been having a little knee problem lately with my patella tendon but I think we are getting it under control, I hope. I am on "Spring Break" right know even though technically it is still winter but it sure does feel like spring out so no complaining. I have a week off from classes, so that means I get to sleep in and go ride when I wake up and try to catch up on homework but we will see if that happens. I leave Wednesday to head to Denver to see family and friends and relax a little bit and hang out with my new Nephew, Ayden.
This Saturday is the first RMCCC race in boulder which will be a crit. I am excited to start up racing again and to see where my fitness is with all these base miles I have been putting in. Last week I got an idea where I am at when i took a VO2 test. I lost nine pounds since last time and increased my power so I was really stoked about that but it still all comes down to the race. I am not going to let a test make me too happy until I see the results in the actual race.
Pic while in Arizona for Valley of the Sun
Crit at VOS

No comments: