Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cali Trip


This past week I was fortunate enough to travel to California and ride for a week. My coach had a week off from work and wanted to go see his family in California and asked if I wanted to travel with him and get some good miles in. OF COURSE! First we went to beautiful Tahoe for a couple of days to get some good climbing in the legs. We were very fortunate enough to be able to crash at a condo right in Tahoe City. Josh the Exergy mechanic knew a guy who owned the place and he was kind enough to let us crash there. Rob is currently a cycling agent and road pro back in the day so it was really cool talking to him for a while. We were able to catch up with my coach’s friend from when he was growing up Marty and he road with us for a few days. It’s always fun too ride new terrain and ride with new people, makes for a nice change. 








Monday we headed towards Sacramento to do some MTB but it was raining since we woke up and I was not too thrilled to ride in the wet and mud but I gave it a go for a bit. I only lasted about an hour before my coach and I turned around and left Conor and Marty to keep riding. Then Tuesday Rob hooked us up with AthletiCamps, which specializes in VO2 and lactate testing. I have done quite of VO2 testing in the last couple of years but never a lactate test so it was good to get some more data for training purposes. 

Then we were able to stop in Salt Lake City on the way back to Colorado to ride with a good friend Chris. We went MTB and it was actually fun. Smooth rolling terrain and great weather. Altogether it was a good trip and met a lot of good people and made relationships that will last!
I am currently now in the car driving to Denver to see my Family and Friends for a couple of days before we head back to GJ. It has been a lot of time in the car this week. It feels like race season with all the travel but it keeps be busy. But it will be nice when I am able to stay in one place for more than two weeks.

No comments: