Saturday, May 17, 2008

update

Well I am finally done with school. This year went by so fast I can't believe we are already done. Nationals went well, I did a lot better then I thought I would in the RR. Right off the bat we started climbing the damn and man my legs were not ready for that. I fell off the back but chased really hard and caught back on. It was a really hard race, especially the back side with a slight downhill, I was hurting so bad and spinning out. But my legs were hanging in there, then after we did the laps and were heading back to finish I was thinking I was going to get dropped on the climbs back but I didn't. The last corner on the decent was very sketch. Everyone in front of me had there wheels locked up and so did I. Then I heard the guy being me just slam right into the guard rail. It was not a pleasant sound I hope he was ok, I think two guys crashed there. With my adrenaline pumping I finished 10th and Conor 7th. Both top ten not bad at all.
Then Sunday was the crit and I was expecting high things for myself. But that didn't happen. Not a great performance but not shitty either. I hung in there and finished 31st or so and Conor like 28th. O well can't do great in them all.
I have been doing a lot of moving in the past week. I had finals last week and was moving into our new house in Grand Junction. Then I had to move all my summer things here to my parents house where I am going to stay for the summer so I can get some good racing in. I am just ready to race my bike.

No comments: