Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gila!

What a race. I had a lot of fun and it was really hard. My first cat 2 race and I think it ended up a success. I finished all 5 stages rubber side down and am still kicking. The first day totally kicked by butt, with my engine shutting down about 20 miles to the finish because i had no fuel. No water, I only had 3 bottles for 95 miles or so because when I got to the neutral feed zone they were out. So the next day I came out with revenge. Brought plenty of water and was ready to go. Once the race started and we we out of the neutral zone I went with an attack. After a while it was about 9 guys and we stayed away the whole race. With 3 more guys catching on with about 15 miles to go. I didn't think at all that I was going to be able to stick in the break all day but I did and it was sweet. Ended up 6th, not bad. Then the rest of the days just went on. Did the TT but not at my max, pretty much just road, then the crit I was trying to get in a break to stick. One guy was up the road so Just road away from everyone on the uphill and caught the solo rider ahead. We stayed away for about 5 laps then we got pulled back in. Got a prime and then just ended up finishing in the bunch sprint. Last day held on for dear life. Stayed on until the last climb.



All in all it was a fun a successful weekend. Already got some upgrade points. Leaving Thursday for Collegiate Nationals. Hope to see everyone there.

O ya I got my Euro Mullet

No comments: