Sunday, July 13, 2008

Unlucky 13

Well this weekend was two crits. One 80 min and one 90 min so they were pretty long crits.
Yesterday I had the unlucky number 13. I thought I should have flipped it like the pros so I don't have bad luck. But I didn't. And it came back and bit me in the butt. The crit had a downhill and an uphill. There was a group of about 8 up the road 30 sec or so, so i decided to jump and bridge up to them. i was hoping someone would come with, but no luck. I was in no-mans land for a couple of laps or so before the pack pulled me back and spit me out of the back and I was done. Just didn't play it smart. so today I played it smart.

Trying to make it to the break


It was the state crit and some good teams were there again, Gamrin,Successful living, team type 1 and Kelly's benefit. i stayed in the front 10-15 guys the whole race and felt great. my legs have never felt that good before in a race and it was an hour and a half. there was a group of about 20 guys up the road with a 40 sec gap but we brought them back with 3 laps to go. Then the race was on and I just couldn't move up much. I ended up 29th or so out of 75 but i wish i would have been a little bit farther up when we caught the break but o well I am learning.
wish me luck for tomorrow I have the dentist and have to get two cavities filled. Then on Wednesday it is off to water World for a little fun.

No comments: