Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Riding at a new level

Well last week was a rough week for me on the bike. I just was not motivated and had some bad days on the bike. But finally I am back into it ready to train and race.
I finally got to race this past weekend. It was a 75 min crit in Niwot, close to Boulder. Once I arrived to the race I knew it was going to be a fast one with Toyota United there with 4 guys. There ended up being some big names like; Day, Steviz, Clarke taking 1,2,3 from Toyota United, Zajicek from Health Net, Pearce, Donald, Caldwell, Danielson from Garmin Chipolte then some guys from successful living, Team type 1, and BMC. Pretty cool all these guys just showed up for a local race. 90 guys started the race and only 40 finished so it was really really fast. I was kinda upset that I couldn't hold on the whole race but o well. I am still young and have only been racing for 3 years, got some time to improve. I usually watch these guys on TV and now I am trying to race them, that is pretty cool.
Got 2 crits this weekend and one of them being the state championships so I hope I can ride a little better then last weekend.
U-23 Nationals is less then a month away and I can't wait. I am not 100% yet that I am going but I am planing on it.



This is a pic of me before I pop. Thats is Dan Schmatz to my left, use to ride on BMC

No comments: