Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mesa hike a bike

Well this weekend was our home collegiate MTB race. I was hoping we were going to have a race on the front range this weekend because of fall break and I could have gone home. But o well. Friday I went out to set up the short track course for Saturdays race. I didn't see the course before then and i was surprised at the climbs. O well looked fun. Then Friday night we went to go set up the cross country course for Sunday. O ya and while i was setting up the short track course i thought Conor and Brent got kidnapped.
Saturday morning came around and we road out to whitewater for the short track and super D. Short track was OK took me a little to get going but finished about mid pack. Then I decided to do the super D just because it was free and I have never done it before. There was about 13 A's or so who started the race. I was just expecting to get last because I suck at MTB and going downhill. But the race started with one push up then a run to our bikes. I put my bike last because i just thought i was going to get last. But the race was fun finished 5th overall and 1st d2 which was surprising.
Then the XC race was brutal. I was killing it on the first two laps sitting in 7th. Then the last lap came around and i just couldn't control my bike very well. I was so tired so i faded a lot. Ended up 14th not bad for not being a mTber. O and by the way I raced on a Specialized stump jumper 29er the whole weekend. It was a lot of fun thanks Ruby Canyon.
This weekend is off to FOCO for some cross races. Then back here for three days and back to DIA for collegiate MTB nationals in NC. Then back for a week then Boulder Cup, can't wait.

Fruita on fall break

No comments: