Monday, June 11, 2007

No power!



Well yesterday was a horrible day for me on the bike. It was the fort Collins crit. I had a bowl of cereal before around 10 and my race was not until 315 and that was all i ate all day. There was a very bad move on my part. Then before the race the course was open for us to ride like 15 min before. So i took a lap and when i came back around everyone was already on the line. What the hell, so i was way in the back just sitting there 10 min before the race started asking my self why we all were already lined up. O well, So the race started and i had to move my way up which was not easy at all. My belly hurt so bad prob because i didn't eat anything all day. So for about half the race i was battling with my pain in my belly and trying to move up to the front. And why this is all going on Conor is on a 6 man break. Then a few laps later i noticed my front wheel was getting low so i went to the pit to get a wheel. I was trying to hurry so i could get ready to hop on when the group came back but the official and the pit dude said to relax because they were giving me 2 laps to change my wheel and everything because the pack was going so fast. Then once i got my wheel on the pack came around the corner and they told me to hop in. WHAT?? They said i had 2 laps but whatever i hoped on and drove it to the front. And still Conor was on his break. Then with 3 laps to go i felt like i was in the 4's no one knows how to hold a line in the 3's. Guys were all over the place, then with 1 lap to go guys just didn't care about anyone else they we all over the place, I was scared for my life. then a guys tire blows and everyone freaks out, So then we had to regroup then another guys tire blows and a crash right in front of me. I just gave up there and just road in. If i was not getting top six then why keep on going full throttle. I ended up 38th or something horrible like out of 70 or so, but dang Conor held with the break away and got 4th(BA) That was sweet at least one of us knew how to ride our bike that day. And i Started my new job today=boring and long. I am an emissions inspector making sure cars pass and everything. I have 2 weeks of training and this week is the book work. Man i don't know what else we still have to go over and its only Monday. O well lets see how it goes.

No comments: