Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bike N Slide!

Conor and I went down to Eagle this weekend for the last of the western slope series. Saturday was a great course. It was sunny out and warm. There was only about ten of us in the threes. But Conor this other guy and Me blew up the field 2 laps in the race. Then when we were on the road section the other guy attacked and I tried staying with him but he pulled away. Before i Knew it he was about 30 sec ahead of us. I was trying to real him back but it was not working. Then with one lap to go I gave it everything to try to catch him . He beat me but at the finish line he was only about 3 sec ahead of Conor and I. I got Second and Conor third.

Today was a different story. It was about 28 degrees out and 5-8 inches of snow on the ground. My brakes didn't work and my cassette was frozen so i only had one gear the whole race. Conor and I started out Strong on the front but about half way through the first lap we both slid out and crashed and everyone passes us. After a while it was getting really muddy and slick i could hardly stay up. I was surprisingly warm through out the whole race. It was really hard to clip in with about 3 laps to go because my pedals were frozen. I finished 7Th and Conor 6Th.


I finished first overall for the Western slope series so i won an independent cyclocross fork. And Conor finished 2ND. We are going to be on the font range now racing for the rest of the year. Next weekend is the Velo Swap so we are going to check that out and then on Sunday is a cross race in Boulder.
Western Slope Article

No comments: