Monday, October 1, 2007

Aspen



This past weekend was my first cross race in Aspen. The courses were really technical but a lot of fun. I was def nervous going into the weekend not knowing how well i was going to do. I guess it was a good thing the cat sizes were small, a good intro. the race on Saturday had a long run up section and a good climb. After a few laps it was Conor this other guy Max and I off the front, then i took off and road away from the other two. It was a lot of fun, then on the last lap i got a flat about 100ft from the finish line in the round about, but it was ok since i had a pretty good lead. After i finished i was wondering were Conor was because he was no too far behind be going into the lat lap in 3rd place, he flatted and didn't have a spare wheel, so he had to run the whole last lap so he finished up 6Th or so. Then on Sunday another great course, again a few laps in it was Conor Max and I, After a few laps Conor went down in a corner so it was just Max and I then Conor caught up a few laps later. Then about half way through the race i noticed Conor was not behind me again, his skewer feel off his rear wheel so he had to get his wheel changed. So the rest of the race i was leading with Max right on my wheel. Then with one lap to go he tried to attack on the hill but i stayed with him, then about half way through the lap he passed me on a corner and then he barley beat me, it was a very insane lat lap. Conor still finished third with the wheel change {he just didn't have good luck this weekend} It was a great weekend and a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Stu Cycling said...

Good work man!Keep up the hard work and you will get a spot on slipstream!!!