Thursday, November 20, 2008

The light at the end is near

Well last weekend I traveled to NJ for the second grand prix. It was my first Grand Prix ever so i didn't really know what to expect. I knew it was going to be fast and I was going to be slower then normal. I was sick for the two weeks leading up to it. The first week I had a very bad virus and could barley stand up then the next week it turned into a sinus infection. So i finally got some medication for that and started feeling a little bit better before I left. I was only able to ride three times leading up to the race so I knew I was going to get my butt kicked or I was going to be fresh and feel good. We got there really early Friday morning due to delay of our flight. Got to bed about 4 am. Got to the course around 1 pm to pre ride. The course was awesome fast and long and I was really looking forward to it. My legs actually felt good during the pre ride.Then Friday night it rained and I didn't think anything of it. Got to the course Saturday afternoon and it was a mud bath. People were running the slightest up hill section. I was not happy,I HATE RUNNING. I started near the back and stayed there. Sunday pretty much went the same way a lot of running. I made a dollar during my run. the fans were throwing dollar bills in the mud for you to pick up.




Now I am feeling better and am almost done with school for the semester. Got thanksgiving break next week. Then a week of class then finals. I was going to go to Portland for the last GP but am unable to go anymore. I am pretty disappointed about that but to well. Now I am just getting ready for U23 and collegiate nats. i hope my time off the bike wont kill me at nats.

No comments: