Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

It was good to get home for a while and see the family and friends. Left Grand Junction last Tuesday after class and made it home in pretty good time. Pretty much just relaxed all week, had some good rides and saw some good movies. I was looking forward to racing cross because my legs were feeling good.
I woke up Saturday morning with a couple of inches of snow on the ground and was looking forward to race. Got to the race early to watch one of my Buddy's race in the fours. The course was long, it took the 4's about 10 min to do a lap. About 80% of the course was single track and really muddy. But this mud was rideable non like NJ a couple of weeks ago. Didn't really get a good starting position and didn't really have a good start. It was loose gravel at the start and guys were going everywhere. Then once we got to the single track you were just fighting to stay upright. The first lap was good, almost everyone was still together. The second lap I had a guy three in front of me who could not ride worth crap. He made a huge gap from the group in front of us. I passed him when it opened up then crashed on a slick corner and a few guys passed me. I got back up and it was hard to get going again. I was almost catching the group in front of me, before i knew it i thought i slipped off my pedal up a little incline and tried clipping back in but noticed my pedal came all the way off. The pedal was on the bottom of my shoe. That was my race, even if i had a spare bike in the pit i was screwed, the laps were so long there was nothing i could do about it. Conor had a good race sitting in 6th the whole race until the last corner when he fell on a corner and the guy 10 sec behind him passed him in the sprint.




Pissed my pedal came off

Was unable to race yesterday due to the weather. We had to leave Denver early to make sure we could get back over the passes ok. We had to cram into one of our Buddy's car to get back. Had to leave the cross bikes back home. I am hoping to get back this weekend to race the state cyclocross. That is depending on how the weather is. Then the following week it is off to U23/collegiate cyclocross nats in Kansas. Can't wait, hope i have a good ride there.


Fun drive back

No comments: