Monday, December 29, 2008

Slacking!

It has been a while since the last post. Cross nationals went a lot better then expected for me. In the U23 race I ended up 12th and I was pretty happy with that result considering who all was in front of me. I accomplished my goal, wich was to beat 19th place which I got the year before. The collegiate race went a lot better then expected. Got a front row call up which helped out a ton, I wish I could start up there every race. There was a group of five of us off the front for pretty much the whole race. it was really cool to be up front and actually make the race. I ended up 2nd and was really stoked. Going into the day I was hoping to just get on the podium. even during the race I just keep telling myself stay where you are and you will get fifth, I was not even thinking about 2nd. I wish i had more confidence going into the race. i was only 10 sec off from fist and maybe if I believed in my self a little more something could have happened. O well I was very pleased with my 08 cross season.







I have been taking a break off the bike since nats and plan on starting to ride next week and do some cross country skiing. I already head up to school on the 1st for a 2 week fitness walking class? We will see how that goes.
Suppose to meet with a guy from Rio Grande Cycling this week, so lets cross our fingers that we get on that team for 09. I can't wait for road season to start. Before I know it i will be in Arizona for Valley Of the Sun.

No comments: