Monday, February 18, 2008

VOS 08

Well this past weekend my teammates and I headed down to Valley of the sun stage race. I was just excited to get out and ride in some warm weather. I was not expecting anything good on the bike. We mostly drove all the way down there in the snow or rain. Thursday night we stayed in Flagstaff for the night and then headed out early Saturday morning for the TT.
The TT was mostly a flat 22k course an out and back. My legs were not really feeling that good in warm up and I was just ready to go and get the TT over with. I was ready to see my 30 sec man ride away from me and the guy that started 30 sec behind me to past me very soon into the race. But it was the total opposite, I started off feeling really strong, I passed my 30 sec man very fast and I was very surprised and excited and I just kept it rolling after I knew it I was passing my 2 min man and we battled it into the finish. I ended up 15th that day.
Then the next day was the RR and I was expecting to fall off the back on the climb. But again surprised and stayed with the group the whole time. Actually half the time up near the front and trying to make a break. There was a lot of crashes and it sucked. Going up the finish on the climb it was very fast with about 6 guys a few seconds up the road but Conor closed them down and someone attacked and everyone flipped out and caused a crash. I had to slow down quite bit because of these morons so I ended up 13th but felt like I could have done better. The team road very strong and we were all surprised.
Then yesterday was the crit and I was feeling ok. Was just going to stay up front and out of danger and keep the same time. It was a fast race from the start. No crashes so it was a successful day. Ended up 31st but ended up 13th on the GC. I was very surprised and happy with my results. Compared to last year it looks like it will be a great year this year. Going to upgrade and have some fun.

Rock racing Rig

No comments: