Monday, April 7, 2008

Getting back into form

This past weekend was the CSM collegiate races. It was a climbing weekend. Saturday was a ITT up lookout MT. I knew that it was going to be hard but I was ready. I talked to a lot of people that went before me and they said they blew early on, they went too hard at first and had nothing in the end. So I made sure to start a little slower then I normally would. My legs felt great but my stomach and lower back was hurting the worse. I finished 20:20 about 2 min off the winner. O well need to keep on practicing my climbing. Then yesterday was another hard crit with a climb in it that just blew up the field. I was giving it my all just to hold onto the field. I only could hold on for half of it with the group of about 8 but just couldn't. I feel back but just kept on rolling hoping not to get lapped. I didn't get lapped and finished up 12th. Not bad i guess but was hoping for better.
I am finally feel 100% healthy but am still lacking in my fitness. That will just take some time to get back.
This weekend is a stage race in Utah. I am looking forward to that. See how I do.
I just got my upgrade to a cat 2 so I am pretty excited about that. And tomorrow is my big 20!

1 comment:

Stu Cycling said...

better get on peak to go to the GILA