Thursday, April 3, 2008

Great Surprise!

Well Monday morning Stu gave us a call and said that he was coming to GJ for a couple of days. It was a last min thing. We all got really excited to see him since we haven't seen him since the end of last year. A little time went by and we thought he was just pulling an April fools joke. But it was for REAL. He actually showed up and we had a good time. It was a short visit but well worth it. He got a flight down here from a lady on his team that is a pilot that had to come to GJ to get the plane worked on.
We all went riding that day with coach MO and Brent. It was a lot of fun. Went climbing up the Monument, at I started out not feeling so good so just tried keeping a good pace. Then once we passed the tunnel I started getting into a fast rhythm. I passed Conor and was gaining on Stu. Just didn't have enough hill to catch him LOL. And lets just say on the way back down we almost got into some trouble by the Ranger. Never do what we did again. LOL
Then just as fast as it happened it was gone. Stu left and it was back to normal. I wish Stu would have stayed here again this year for school. O well shit happens. He gave me his skin suit with the national flag on it since I lost my other skin suit. I will just have to cover up those flags until I get my own national title. Hopefully one day. Thanks again Stu for the skin suit.
I went riding yesterday with Brent. We went into palisade and back into a head wind. It was a good couple hour ride. Then I went on my first MTB ride of the year right after that. It was pretty fun, a lot of climbing on slick rock. It was cool never really road on slick rock. Road for about two hours on the MTB. I am hoping to get some climbing legs back.
Tomorrow I will go out for a couple hour ride then head to Golden at 4. This will be my second weekend back racing since I have been sick. I feel like I am in much better shape then I was in last weekend. So I am hoping to do ok this weekend and get some points to go to collegiate nats. Saturday is a ITT hill climb up lookout mountain. I have climbed that quite a few times so I kinda know what to expect. Then Sunday is a crit. It is a new course then last year so I am hoping to play my cards smarter this weekend and get a good result. Try to help Conor defend his last win last weekend in the crit here.

No comments: