Monday, April 30, 2007

Conference Champs!


Mesa won the conference for D2 schools. It was a very close call, we beat Colorado College by 30 points. It was a very hard weekend of racing. We had a RR on Saturday out in Redder Mesa. It was a very hard course a lot of climbing and false flats. It also was very hot out. Some red neck put tacks on the road and gave people a lot of flats. When I got to my car i noticed i had 2 tacks in my front tire. I was lucky i didn't get a flat, i finished like 22nd overall and around 8th for D2. Then a few hours after the RR we had a TTT wich went backwards on the road course. It was mostly up hill and at the finish downhill. My bottom bracket was being gay, i felt like i had a flat or my brakes were rubbing but it was my bottom bracket, i was wondering why it was so hard for me, and the finish it was just making a weird noise. It was a brand new bottom bracket so i brought it over to the bike shop where i got it and they just gave me a new one. Then on Sunday was a crit in Fruita, it is a pretty sweet course. I ended up taking 10th overall and 4th in D2 my best finish yet. So it was great weekend for Mesa and now we are just getting ready to throw it down at Nationals

No comments: