Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wednesday Crit




Like every Wednesday we have have TTT practice. It went well today, we had a cross wind on the way out but we were still moving. We lost Conor a little bit before the turn around, then our turn around was bad because we had cars coming and it slew us down a lot so we had to regroup before we killed it on the way back. It was not our fastest time but it was up there, most of us didn't have TT gear so we did great. Then we came back and we have crits on campus, it started with a junior race, then an open race then the elite. It was a very strong field in the elite, it was a fast race. There was a few attacks but we just pulled them back in. Then Stu and some other guy went off for a few laps, then we pulled them back in. Once we got them i counter attacked them and went off. Conor and Chris slowed up the pack for me, I was off for a while but just couldn't hold it, they got me with like 10 min or so left in the crit. Then on the last lap i tried again, i tried pulling away from everyone on the last but just couldn't hold it. they got me at the last corner before the sprint. Then it was the sprint and i saw Chris and a few other guys going to pass me on the left. Some guy could not hold his line and almost took out Chris, bent his hood in and broke some of his spokes, it was crazy and of course they guy that couldn't hold his line won. I ended up taking 3rd with all that craziness. I am feeling really good for this weekend, i fell we are going to kill it, and its my B-Day on Sunday so it should be a good time in Utah.

No comments: