Monday, December 17, 2007

Break

Well I just got home today from cross nats. It was a lot of fun and I am really happy that I did cross this season. I will be racing cross again next year for the same team and hopefully be going to th Grand Prix next year.
Saturday was the U23 race and I was hoping for a top 20 result. The race started and I had a good start and started passing people. I fell on the first lap and dropped my chain. I put it back on and just kept on driving it. I ended up 18th on the day. I was excited about that especially for being my first year really doing cross and going to nats.
Then on Sunday it was the collegiate race. There was about 145 riders or so. A lot bigger then the day before. Like an hour before the race I pre road the course to see what it was like because it snowed that night. It was so frozen that it was so hard to ride without falling off. I hit this rut and went flying into a tree and I put my hand out to save my face. I went back to warm up and try to warm up my fingers. My pinkie felt frozen and I couldn't warm it up. The race started and I felt ok. After a while I could not stay on my bike. I was a wreck falling left and right off my bike. I finished 30th overall. Not bad for crashing a lot. After the race i figured out why I could not warm my pinkie up. It was because it was actually hurt. It hurt so bad but I didn't notice if it was frozen or hurt. It is about twice the size now and it really hurts. I don't know if I broke it or not but it really hurts.
The pros race was a lot of fun to watch. But the bus drive back sucked. We did about 5 hrs of driving last night and got a hotel and just finished the rest of the drive today. I am finally taking a break off the bike for a little before I start training for road. It has been a loooooonnnnnnngggggg season. There is a cool pic up on cycling news of me at nats.

No comments: