Monday, December 3, 2007

Not what I was looking for.

This past weekend was the last weekend of full racing before Nats. I was hoping to go into the races feeling good and see how I am riding for Nats. But both days did not go in my favor.
On Saturday it was another Boulder CX series race. There was some sand, mud, water, barriers, and some tight turns. It had it all and I was pumped to get a good result. I was pre riding the course feeling good but my chain was having some issues but I didn't think anything of it, maybe it was all the sand. So I started the race in top 5 and before I knew it my chain was acting up. I had to drop back a little to fix it. I tried hoping back on and my chain just kept acting up. I tried to ride it out and just get a result. But that was not going to happen my bike would not allow it so i had to drop out. I was hoping for at least a top 5 that day but instead got a DNF.
Saturday night I shortened the chain and it looked like I fixed the problem.
So Sunday I was hoping for better luck. The course was a lot of fun. A fast single track down a steep hill into some more single track that was really muddy. Then a double barrier running up a hill and then two sand pits that you had to run through. I was in the top 3 all day until the last lap, and my chain came back to bite me in the butt. At the bottom of one hill it started acting up and two guys passed me. I thought I got it fixed and started chasing. Right before I went down the fast single track my chain totally fell off. So when I got the the bottom I tried putting it back on. About ten guys passed me then. I got back on with about 1/2 lap left and then my chain feel off again. So I just rolled into the finish. O ya and the finish was a running finish trough the sand pit. So i was 3rd and drooped back to 16th or so. Not very happy with the weekend results, but what can you do it is cross. But I could tell I had good legs both days which is a good sign. 1 lap to go
Mad about my chain

This Sunday is the Colorado State Championship race in Lyons Colorado. I am hoping for a better result and a good warm up for Nats. Then I come back to school for two days of finals and then leave Wednesday for Nats. Wish me luck.

No comments: