Monday, December 10, 2007

Disaster weekend

Well the bad chain of events started for be on Friday afternoon when i went back to Denver. I knew there was a lot of snow in Vail and it was going to suck but I did not think it was going to be that bad. It took us six and a half hours to get home which usually takes 4 hours. There was a lot of dumb little cars and truckers that would get stuck in front of you and cause a traffic jam. Our clutch is going out and our car started smoking on the pass. So our car is out of service.
On Saturday it was snowing so it was the first time I had to ride the trainer. It was not as bad as I thought so I just got the workout done to get ready for the state championships on Sunday. I was feeling good and excited to get the legs open for Nats.
Sunday came and it was freezing out. It was only about 16 degrees out when we were racing and snow on the ground. I fixed my bike and got the course dialed in. I got called up to the front line ready to throw down. the race started and I had an ok start. Robin was off the front and Conor right behind. Then it was Andrew and I a little bit behind them. After a while it was Robin 1st Conor 2nd Andrew 3rd and me 4th. It looked like it was going to be a good race. then about half way through the race my bike started ghost shifting. I could not really get a rhythm going and fell back a lot. The race finished with Robins 1st Andrew 2nd and Conor 3rd, and of course me 16th lol. It was sweet having 1,2,3. Hopefully we can pull something like that off at Nats.



I leave back to Denver tomorrow afternoon and leave Wednesday for Nats. I can't wait. I am not expecting anything fantastic but I hope no more mechanicals . Wish me luck.

No comments: