Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cold New Year

Well I thought that I would start the New Year off right with a long ride. There was suppose to be a handful of people riding a century this morning. It sounded like a great idea until I saw the forecast. It was suppose to be a high to 29 degrees today. I woke up early this morning and the news said with the windshield it was -15 degrees. I thought it was going to warm up but I was wrong.
Conor and I left our house at eight this morning riding our cross bikes. I was ok for about fifteen min until My whole face, fingers, toes and ears were numb. I knew it was a bad idea and I just wanted to turn around. We were suppose to meet the group downtown at 930 but the rait we were going it would take us all day to get there. So we just called it a day and will try again later in the week when it is suppose to be like 40 degrees warmer. My fingers still feel numb and tingle. I don't think anyone ended up riding anyways. Frozen Water


On these kind of days I just want to go cross country skiing. That sounds fun and i am sure it is a good workout. I have never gone but it looks fun. I am going to try to do some of that this winter and see how it goes. So if anyone wants to go and teach me let me know. Happy New Year to all and I hope it is a great year. Trying to warm up

No comments: