Monday, November 12, 2007

Bad Luck = Bad Races

Well this weekend there was a couple of UCI races down in Gunnison and Durango that Conor and I went down to. I was looking forward to these races and hopefully coming out with some good results. But the total opposite happened.
On Saturday morning we left Grand Junction early in the morning to make it to Gunnison for our 11:30 start. We got there in plenty of time. We were able to warm up and ride the course plenty of times. The race started shortly after. Conor and I and some guy from Durnago were off the front very early in the race. I slipped out in one of the corners but got back up and chased for a couple of laps before i got back on with Conor and the other guy. Then with 2 laps to go Conor crashes in one of the corners and the guy from Durango takes off. I chased him down and then attacked him. Then on the last lap i was leading and about half way through the lap i was powering up this hill section when my chain broke. That easy, day over with. I got a DNF and Conor ended up 2nd. Then we watched Danny and Brady ride a great race and getting some UCI points. After watching the pros race we headed over to Durango for a race on FLC campus.
The drive over to Durango was a long one. It was not fun driving over the pass in the dark and no guard rale. We made it eventually and stayed the night at our fiends place. Then we got to the race course Sunday morning looking for some better luck. Conor and I went to go register when we noticed the guys that we race against already warming up. So we headed back to the car to get changed and ride the course and warm up. But on the way back to the car we found out that we go off at 10 not 11:30 like we thought we did. So we got changed went to the start and started racing. I felt horrible and just could not get in to any rhythm. So Conor finished up 6th and me 7th not to happy that we didn't notice the start time change.
It was really cool watching Todd Wells destroy both days. I finally have a weekend off from racing. I am taking off this weekend hoping to get better and just relax.

No comments: