Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Report

This weekend was a huge weekend of racing for me. It was the Redline and Boulder cup in Boulder. All the big names in cross were here, even Chris Horner himself was there making his best cross finish ever, 5th. It was just really cool watching Trebon, Horner, Johnson, Powers, Wells and Wicks race. Todd Wells jumping all the barriers.
My race on Saturday was good. It was a great course with grass, sand, gravel, stairs and barriers. I was with the lead group the whole race until the last lap or so. 5 guys pulled away from me. I finished up 6th and Conor 9th. Conor crashed on the first lap and hurt his thumb really bad but managed to get ninth. Not bad for such a big race.
Then yesterday was a different story. We all have bad days on the bike, and yesterday it was my day. I felt good the first lap, with about a 5 sec lead or so. But after that i was not feeling it. My bike was not shifting right and i had a huge gear going up those hills and sand pit and i thought i was getting over a cold but i think it just got worse. I can make excuses all day but when it comes down to it i just had a bad day.
On the other hand Conor had a great day. The second lap he went off the front. This course was really windy also but he managed to stay out front the whole race with about a 20 sec lead the whole time. He pulled of the win in the Boulder Cup. It was his biggest win yet, with 100 starters and a big race it was just a great weekend for him.
This weekend is another race in Gunnison and Durango. I will be doing the Gunnison one but not sure yet on the Durango one. We will just have to wait and see, and i hope i get better soon.

Kevin

1 comment:

molly m said...

WOW! Good job! The Boulder Cup! That is exciting! Good luck this weekend! You will do awesome! WOW! Sweet pictures.