Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bumpy N Muddy

Today was my first cross race in about 2 weeks. It was nice to get out there and race.I started towards the back, I thought they were going to do call ups but they didn't. Right off the start the was a crash and i had to swerve around it. I was afraid of dropping my chain, Because in warm up I dropped it going down one of the hills. But luckily I didn't in the race. It was very bumpy and pretty muddy. I had trouble getting into my pedals after a few laps. I had a side AK for the first couple of laps so i had to slow down and a few people passed me. I just glided into the finish and Conor nipped me at the line. We finished 8th and 9th, not bad for not riding the cross bike in a couple weeks.
Tomorrow is a race close to home and on the way back to school so that should be a good one. I am hoping to do a little better tomorrow. Then I head back up to school for about 2 and half weeks then I am off to Cross Nats for U23 and Collegiate.

1 comment:

Stu Cycling said...

Make sure you guys get plenty of rest in the next few weeks man. It will make the differance make a bed time sounds gay but just do it