Monday, March 24, 2008

Almost there

Well since last week I took off the bike nothing really exciting has happened. I didn't race this weekend however I did go down to watch the races.
Conor kicked butt both days and surprised a lot of people. Once again he was the only Mesa rider racing because I was sick. But you wouldn't know by the way he raced. On Saturday there was a breakaway with 3 guys in it and Conor was not in it. But he did manage to win the bunch sprint for 4th. Beating some guys who had some trains going for the sprint. Then on Sunday was another fast crit but he managed to get the breakaway of 4. They went off like ten min into the race and were out front the majority of the race. He managed to stay in the break but didn't have enough left for the sprint. He was right there but not enough for the win. Another 4th place.

Today started me riding again and it was very nice out. I probably spent 2 hours today on little park. A pretty good climb. Then I just road around for a little longer. Road for 3 and half hours and I felt a lot better then I thought I would. Today was the first day I had to put sunscreen on and I missed a few spots. LOL I have a huge red line on my right arm that looks really funny that I missed with the sunscreen. Tomorrow I plan on riding a lot to try to get my legs back for this weekend race here in Grand Junction.
On Saturday morning we start at 9 am for a 72 mile road race. The hardest RR of the collegiate season I think. Then at 4pm we have a 11 mile TTT if we do it. Then on Sunday have have a crit. I am really looking forward to get some more racing in. I just hope I didn't loose too much ground on everyone from taking that time off the bike. It is suppose to be some good weather here this weekend, so I can't wait for some good racing in GJ. Mad Cow Classic

No comments: