Monday, March 3, 2008

Let the LONG season begin!

Well since the first collegiate race is already over, i will be racing from now until December in full force. It will be a long season but I am looking forward to it.
This past weekend was in New Mexico. I was looking forward to the race for the warm weather and compare myself to last year. Saturday was the TT a 15k Out and back with some good climbs. My time was a 23 something. And I looked and last year I got a 28 min time on the same course so that is HUGE improvement. Then yesterday was the crit. It was pretty cold and very windy. The winds were suppose to get up to 40 mph. I was shivering at the start. Then we were off and two CU guys went for it. tried to pull them back but no one wanted to help. The smaller schools were up front trying to pull them back but it didn't happen. people were getting pulled left and right because the breakaway was lapping them. Not too much longer the group of six that i was with was the last group to get pulled. They gave us one more lap for us to dual it out and I won the sprint. Got 12th overall and 2nd in D2.
Next weekend is Du and SPRING BREAK. I am still feeling sick so I am hopping to get better this week.

No comments: