Monday, March 17, 2008

Time to rest.

I have been sick for a very long time and now it really is time to rest and take some time off the bike. I really really don't want to take time off especially since it is starting to get nice out but I got to do what I got to do to get better.
This past weekend was some racing in Durango. Saturday morning started out with a very cold TTT. If you want to call it that. It was an 11 mile course with a mile climb to the finish. It was Conor,I and Trevor B who rode the course. The whole time it was Conor and I waiting for Trevor. We weren't even going full throttle and we had to sit up plenty of times to wait for him since we needed him to stop the clock. So on the climb to the finish Conor and I just rode up the hill, not raced but rode up and still dropped Trevor. WTF? So we got last and I don't think I am going to do another collegiate TTT again this year, just a waist of my time. Then later in the day around 4 we had our Crit. I was feeling tired and was still feeling sick. I only lasted half the race before I got pulled, But Conor got 8th which is really good. I felt bad that I couldn't help him at all but I just need to get healthy.
Then yesterday was about a 60 mile road race. I was not planing on racing it Saturday night because I felt sick and it prob would be a bad idea. But I woke up Sunday just feeling a little bit better but not great and decided to race just for the training and since I already paid. I was not planing on hanging on the whole race but ended up about 15 sec or so off the pack so I was pretty surprised. Conor was up front all day trying to pull things back by himself and felt bad I couldn't do anything to help but I was doing everything I could just to hang onto the pack. Conor up front



Now I am just going to take it easy this week and prob not even race this weekend. Our race here in GJ is next weekend so I am hoping to race that but we will have to wait and see.

Happy St. Paricks Day

No comments: